HomeNation NewsEight men beaten in Saharanpur Police custody for holding protests released due...

Eight men beaten in Saharanpur Police custody for holding protests released due to lack of proof

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Eight men, who had been assaulted in the custody of Saharanpur Police closing month for holding protests, had been cleared of fees and released on Sunday, NDTV reported. Police stated there used to be no proof that they participated in the demonstrations.

The 8 men had been beaten by way of a police officer for allegedly protesting on June 10 in opposition to the disparaging remarks made by way of Bharatiya Janata Celebration spokesperson Nupur Sharma in regards to the Prophet Muhammed.

Sharma used to be suspended from the birthday party on June 5. Protests had damaged out in Moradabad, Prayagraj and Kanpur, in which loads of individuals had been arrested.

A video of the 8 men being beaten up in custody in Saharanpur used to be broadly shared on social media. On June 16, the Saharanpur Police ordered an inquiry into the subject.

Further Superintendent of Police Rajesh Kumar stated that an utility have been filed in an Uttar Pradesh court docket for the Foray the 8 men due to a lack of evidence, the BBC Hindi reported.

Below Segment 169 of the Prison Code of Process, the police can report an utility in the court docket searching for the instant Foray of individuals in custody if there’s a dearth of proof in opposition to them.

“They gave proof that they weren’t concerned in the subject,” Kumar stated. “The police cross-examined the proof and in addition were given the CCTV photos. We discovered that the 8 men had been in other places when the protests happened. So we cleared them of the fees.”

Suggest Waseem Babar, who represented the 8 men, stated that they’d a plea of alibi – proof that they had been in other places, the BBC Hindi reported.

One of the 8 men, Mohammad Ali, stated that he used to be picked as quickly when he reached an area mosque at the day of the Yield, NDTV reported.

“Two guards requested me and my pal to get down from the motorbike and took us to the police station,” he stated.

Ali claimed that his hand used to be damaged in custody. The officials allegedly time and again beat him in spite of telling them that he used to be injured.

In the meantime, the inquiry at the police officer who beat the 8 men remains to be underway, Kumar stated, in accordance to NDTV.

Source link

- Advertisement -


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Most Popular

Recent Comments